Silver Mountain Alloy Meritage
Bordeaux Red Blend from Central Coast, California.
Buy a case of 12 bottles of this red wine and get a 5% discount!
An alloy (blend) of four red grapes that are organically-grown; Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot, this signature Bordeaux-style red wine blend is known for its powerful structure and deep flavors.
Deep red in color, you can indulge in the aromatic nose of this Bordeaux blend with balsam, ripe plums, red currants, vanilla and cloves. The rich flavors will fill your mouth with sumptuous dark fruits, currants, cocoa, truffle, cloves and vanilla. While robust, the tannins are soft and integrated. It is a delicious wine now and will also benefit from bottle aging. You will appreciate this wine if you have a sophisticated palette.
It is great with all meats, especially red meats such as Nyama choma, Rib-eye and lamb. It drinks well with all Kenya dishes.
Grape Variety: 42% Cabernet Sauvignon, 39% Merlot, 13% Cabernet Franc, 6% Petit Verdot.
Wine Style: Red, big and bold
Region: Central Coast, California, USA
- Grapes: 42% Cabernet Sauvignon, 39% Merlot, 13% Cabernet Franc, 6% Petit Verdot.
- California Appellation - Central Coast (Monterey Bay)
- Not crushed, but destemmed; gravity fed through the entire process
- Fermentation: Whole berry; fermented in small containers; punchdown and drainover 5x/day
- Barrels: 22 months; 60% in tight-grained Hungarian oak, 40% older French
- Bottling: Unfined and unfiltered
- Alcohol 13.8% | Residual sugar 31mg/100ml | Total acidity 0.641g/100ml
- Organically grown. Served at room temperature.
|Wine Type||Temperature °C||Temperature °F|
|Pinot Noir||16-18° C||60-64°|
|Chardonnay, Rosé||9-11° C||48-52°F|
|Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Shiraz, Red Blend||18-21° C||64-70° F|
|Champagne, Sparkling, and Dessert Wine||5° C||40° F|
|Moscato, Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio||7-9° C||45-48°F|